A Roadmap Through the History of FBI
- Frank Elisio opens Freight Brokers International in the
basement of his home.
- FBI moves to their first office at 300 Don Park Rd, Markham, Ontario.
- Paul Whithame is the first employee.
- John Elisio joins his brother Frank.
- FBI goes digital and introduces their first computer systems
for operations and accounting.
- FBI hires two additional staff members to help with demand.
- FBI moves to a new office at 570 Hood Rd, Markham, Ontario.
- FBI moves into a new office at 25 Valleywood Dr, Markham, Ontario.
- FBI adds a new warehouse.
- FBI moves over 10,000 shipments in one year.
- FBI website (www.fbifreight.com) is launched.
- FBI adds three new warehouses.
- FBI moves to a new office at 111 Granton Dr., Richmond Hill, Ontario.
- Manny Speranza and Richard Mathe join FBI as partners.
- FBI acquires Melco Logistics, a non-asset-based freight broker in Canada.
- FBI acquires Single Source Logistics, a non-asset-based freight broker in Canada.
- FBI is featured in The Canadian Business Journal.
- FBI expands their operations into mobile warehouses and
builds their first custom trailers.
- Freight Brokers International is rebranded as The FBI Group.
- FBI hosts the first Spirit Halloween event.
- FBI signs their 500th customer.
- FBI integrates a mobile app powered by ULAPP to provide
real-time shipment tracking, document capture and system updates.
- FBI moves to its current office location, at 1380 Creditstone Rd.,
- FBI celebrates its 25th anniversary.
- FBI acquires third non-asset-based freight broker, Consolidated Carriers.
- Lucas Freight Management joins The FBI Group